Thursday, March 12, 2009

Counting down the hours

In 24 hours, my boss will (hopefully, if things go well in his day!) shave off my hair for World's Greatest Shave.

This is the final stretch - it's been three weeks since I started this fundraising effort and so many people have been very generous in sponsoring me and donating to the Leukaemia Foundation. But I thought things would go pear-shaped when I discovered earlier this week that there was a technical glitch with my profile page at the World's Greatest Shave website – people couldn't find me to sponsor me!

Today, the very helpful people at World's Greatest Shave have fixed it up by setting me up a new sponsorship page, so you can find me online an sponsor me and raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation – if you haven't already. (I've also updated the links to my sponsorship page in this blog)

If you haven't yet, please do sponsor me and make a donation to the Leukaemia Foundation.

All sponsorship previously made to me will be transferred over, so rest assured your sponsorship of me won't get lost - thank you very much.


Thank you also to my friend Lynn, who has kindly knitted me a beanie to keep my head warm after the shave. And hopefully, tomorrow there will be photos and perhaps a video to share of the shave.

I have to admit to feeling a little nervous about how I will look with my head shaved – down to number 2 of the clippers, I think, or 2/8ths of an inch. But I'm sure it will be fine. After all, it is for a very, very good cause. And there are more important things to worry about in life, aren't there? Or rather, there are more important things in life to not worry about. And this is about those living with Leukaemia, isn't it?

Wish me luck.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 12, 2009 3:39 pm, Blogger Tim said...

Best of luck with it, Mark. I'm sure you'll look fine - and if not, there's plenty of nice hats out there to cover it up until it grows back ;) As you say, it's for a good cause, and at least it's something you'll get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home