Monday, February 23, 2009

See me shave my head–support World's Greatest Shave

I'm taking part in the Leukaemia Foundation World's Greatest Shave this year.

Do you want to see me shave my head?
On Friday 13 March, I'm shaving my hair off.

My target is to raise $500 in 3 weeks – for t
he Leukaemia Foundation.

If I can get 50 people to donate $10 each, I can make my target! Please get your friends to donate too, and that will help me reach my target! But any amount – however small – can help me reach my target and support the Leukemia Foundation.

You can see my Profile Page on the World's Greatest Shave and donate online
by making a secure online donation using your credit card. [note: the link to my profile/sponsorship page has been updated - see the update note below]

I'm doing this to honour my Dad's memory – before he died suddenly last December, Dad used to do the Leukemia Foundation door-knock appeal to help raise money. It was part of his way of dealing with his continuing grief at losing my older brother, Jeremy, to leukemia over 20 years ago (and his way to help out). Jeremy died after battling leukemia for nearly 18 months, aged 16. I was 11.

I've been meaning to do 'the Shave' for years now, but never got around to it. Now, my dad's example is spurring me on. This is also to honour Jeremy's memory.


See this all taken off!

On 13 February, my boss is going to shave my hair at work – I'm going to post a video of it online, so you can watch it here!

According to the Leukemia Foundation:
  • Every hour of every day, at least one person in Australia is diagnosed with leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma.
  • Every two hours, someone loses their life to blood cancer.
Please help me raise as much as I can for the Leukaemia Foundation. Their vital work provides patients with practical support during their long and tough treatment, as well as funding important research.

Come on, we can help! We can help find a cure, support those living with this disease, and support their families.


I will be providing updates on this blog, via Twitter, and on my Profile Page. You're also welcome to drop me a comment here on a message on my Profile Page at World's Greatest Shave to show your support. Thanks for your support!

PS: Would anyone like to knit/crochet me a beanie for the cold weather?

UPDATE: There's been a technical glitch in the site for my sponsorship page/profile this week, but the very helpful people at World's Greatest Shave have fixed it up by setting me up a new page. I've updated the link abve, so you can find me online an sponsor me and raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation. [updated 2.20pm Thursday 12 March 2009]

UPDATE 2: A big thank you to Lynn who has knitted me a gorgeous beanie/hat to keep me warm after I shave my hair on Friday 13 March 2009! [updated 2.25pm Thursday 12 March 2009]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home