Sunday, September 07, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I've had a good sleep in, unwrapped the lovely toiletries and bath salts my son (eight years next month!) has given me (is he trying to say something?), read the cards from both the boys, and read bits of the Sunday paper.

The late breakfast things have been cleared (raisin toast, coffee and a delicious lightly toasted muesli with with nuts, and soy milk, low-fat yoghurt, frozen blueberries, banana and sultanas – I'm on a cholesterol-busting diet), and I've showered off the crumbs.

And I've called to wish my dad Happy Father's Day – he lives in Brisbane so I can't with he in person, but I do know the presents I posted him earlier last week arrived in good time And hopefully he will enjoy them.

So I'm taking a quick few minutes to send my best wishes for the day to all the fathers out there in blogland, especially those who read this blog and whose blog I regularly enjoy – Steven, Tim, Mike, Phil, and Matt, to name a few. And also to David Tiley, who once told me to enjoy the simple, lovely moments with my kids while they're young, because before I know it they'll be all grown-up and raiding the fridge. This morning, I did.

Happy Father's Day!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At September 07, 2008 4:34 pm, Blogger Tim said...

Thanks Mark, and happy Father's Day to you too! Gotta love that sleep in.

 
At September 07, 2008 6:09 pm, Blogger Ariel said...

Happy Father's Day Mark!

 
At September 07, 2008 6:10 pm, Blogger Ariel said...

PS. Sounds to me like your eight-year-old has one of those 'Father's Day stalls' at school? Bath salts are a staple of those things.

 
At September 08, 2008 11:31 am, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Thanks for the good wishes! And Ariel – you got it! He even hit me for $2 on Friday morning, before his mum figured out what was going on and handled the money thing.

He hasn't quite got the finer points of not making parents pay for their own presents. Though, in essence, we do anyway.

 
At September 08, 2008 11:13 pm, Blogger parlance said...

Visited your site yesterday, Mark, and forgot to say, Happy Father's Day to you! Being a father is one of the most important tasks for anyone in our society.

I was arranging for a tradesman to come to my place tomorrow and he said he'd be there 'first thing'. When I enquired when that might mean, he said, after his children had left for school. He is in a position to enjoy the morning time with his kids and makes sure he does each day. I was hugely impressed.

 
At September 09, 2008 2:03 pm, Blogger unique_stephen said...

I'm catching up on what I didn't read last week whilst away on hols. I'm glad you had a happy fathers day mate.

 
At September 12, 2008 2:11 pm, Blogger matt said...

Thanks for the fathers day thoughts. I had a good day too despite my son kicking me in the face and breaking my frames! (during a game of superman where he gets to be super and I get to be the launcher man)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home