Wednesday, April 09, 2008

38

It is my birthday today. See what my beloved was up at 5.30 this morning making for me:

We had birthday cake – with singing and candles – after breakfast. A first for me, but there is always room for new tricks, even when you're getting old(er).

It's orange cake, by the way. It was so yummy, and it was still warm and fresh. And Jacob (my older son) arranged the candles – not bad for seven!

I've been having a great day, so far – despite being busy at work. Thank you, Shelley, thank you, kids. You made my day.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At April 09, 2008 8:35 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At April 10, 2008 9:25 am, Blogger unique_stephen said...

happy bday to you mate.
(same'ish age as me)

 
At April 10, 2008 5:42 pm, Blogger phil said...

Happy birthday Mark.

Not many candlesthere!

 
At April 11, 2008 6:16 pm, Blogger Kirsty said...

Yeah, Happy Birthday for two days ago. An orange cake does sound good. You're not in your late thirties until you're forty--at least that's what I tell myself ; )

 
At April 16, 2008 3:41 pm, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. They mean a lot to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home