Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Back to school

The kids are back to school in Victoria today. My eldest started Grade 1 this morning.

I don't quite know whether to laugh or cry.

Personally, I think it's pretty significant that he's started Grade 1. He's now in what I've described as 'real-school' (as opposed to Prep, which is preparing kids for school, surely…). But, whereas there was a sense of ritual and significance in marking such an important milestone as the Preps' first day of school last year, this year's start was quite anti-climatic. We didn't even get the chance to meet his new teacher. Yet.

And I keep wondering, 'where did that summer break go?' The new term seems to have just snuck-up on us!

Oh well. I'll have another 11 years of 'first day back at school' with the eldest. And another twelve with number two! Better get used to it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2007 3:00 pm, Blogger unique_stephen said...

I can clearly remember my first day at school.
Annalise is enjoying "school" or rather "escuela" as we call day care in spanish. Se asks to go often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home