Friday, April 14, 2006

Throwing my hat in the ring

I've just listed this blog on the (relatively) new australianblogs.com.au site – a venture that allows bloggers and their readers to list Australian blogs on the site to share with others.

It's a bit like a directory, but not quite. More an online community, but searchable. It uses tagging, like flickr, del.icio.us, and technocrati, which is the new buzz on the internet (interesting to note that flickr users have been using tagging for a long time, and now the functionis catching on and spreading... It's part of this whole Web 2.0 thing).

What I like about this is the chance to find other Australian blogs. I've been lonely for other Australian bloggers, and enjoy Australian voices. I just didn't realise how many there were out there! Over 300 blogs already listed on the site.
I'm posting number 325!

Thanks so much to Gen for the heads-up on australianblogs.com, and the tip on tagging
melbourne. I've also tagged my blog under australia social-issues politics fathering writing language photographs

Let's see where this goes, but it is very exciting!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2006 12:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, Mark.

Glad to be of service. Genevieve has been a godsend.

Hate to be pedantic but the URL is "www.australianblogs.com.au" not just ".com"

cheers
Jon

 
At April 16, 2006 9:49 am, Blogger Mark Lawrence said...

Hi Jon, thanks for visiting, and for the correction... As you can see, I've corrected it. Oh, there's no such thing as 'pedantic' to an editor, so you comments are more than welcome!

Eider: no news yet. Stay posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home