Saturday, October 08, 2005

A Monthly fix

My Monthly arrived yesterday! It's as good as I'd hoped, though I'm still dipping my way through it. So far, the essay on Queensland, the piece on the new Socceroos (Australia's soccer team) coach Guus Hiddink are promising. And more.


Please note: No, I don't work for The Monthly, nor do I get any kick-backs from the publishers for mentioning their magazine in my blog (I wish.) In fact, after the freebies of the magazine's
first two or three editions, and a free el-cheepo bag given out at the writers festival, I've been a paid up subscriber and don't get any freebies. I just like their good writing, and want to support a new publishing innitiative – especially one whose ideas I appreciate – to survive its first year and more.

1 Comments:

At October 08, 2005 11:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When a Launch Goes Badly....
I was talking to Duncan Riley earlier this morning, we talked a bit about B5Media , his co-owned blog network that launched the other week and gave us all a lot of enjoyment ripping apart the business model .
Hey, you have an impressive blog here! I'm surely going to bookmark you! I have a home schooling site. It pretty much covers home schooling related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home